Friday, January 21, 2011

iPhone + Apps + Amazon.com App


I am in love with my iPhone. Not only for its beautiful design and the fact that it is so easy to use – but because I feel I am connected, informed and up to date with new technologies, trends and everything everywhere. I have all the information I can think of in my hand anywhere I go – this , to me, is priceless. 

The AppStore is amazing. You can find Apps for almost anything that allow you to carry your guitar tabs with you, check your facebook, follow your friends on twitter, have your financial calculator always in your pocket, check your TV series updates, buy tickets for shows,... Everything I ever dreamed of is in my pocket/or purse – and weighs much less than I could have ever imagined!
One of my current hobbies is to look for Apps that will make my life easier and to discover those potentially useful technologies that will be able to engage consumers with brands.
There are many apps published by companies that are simply not useful, they just display information about their products and don’t deliver added value to the people. You may check them once... and then they are gone. Companies are that are launching simple and useless aplications are wasting amazing opportunities  - because later on consumers won’t download better apps that they may be able to come up with.
An App that I specially like is Amazon.com. Not only can you browse and search for information as you would do on the web, but you can scan a barcode or take a picture of a product, and Amazon will tell you right away if they have it, if they have a similar product, and at what price. Amazon.com has made the whole world it’s store by developing this app – anywhere you go, whatever you see, shoot a picture and you can find it online. You can even try on some shoes, take a picture, and if you find it on Amazon order it right away at a better price. Simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment